Monday, October 31, 2022

Horrified!

 Did not work on Bucket List today. Nor start chores for upcoming apartment inspection. Nor did I cut my fingernails; they seem to have grown overnight. I would have loved this when I was young and still wore nail polish. 

Trying to break Facebook game addiction. Instead of going directly to Facebook, loading Farm Town, when I woke up, I did Wordie. I average 4 tries to get the correct word. Twice it was dumb luck that I got it on the 2nd try. Today it was 5th try. Somedays I do not guess it at all. Why do I keep playing when it just irritates.

Then rather than check Google news headlines, I checked Yahoo news headlines. I decided to stop replying to comments on articles. Instead, I copy comments for my political blog, then add my thoughts.

Oh my, 9:30ish, I needed to get to FT. Luckily I did not plant crops that needed harvesting. I did forget about loading and sending a ship. Why do I keep doing that if I am quitting soon.

Then I jumped back to Yahoo news headlines to read articles I did not get to first go round. More copy comments for blog so I could reply. Now 6PM and I am still sitting in front of computer. I did make breakfast, gave a bad review on No Bake Betty Crocker Cookie Dough Cinnamon Rolls. 

Aside: new Grocery outlet opened in Aharts location. Aharts was my main I can walk to grocery store. The outlet had some bargains. Most was the same as Giant or Weiss markets where my daughter usually takes me. I had to buy butter which I seldom use. Needed a whole stick for the bargain 2 for a dollar Betty Crocker packet. Maybe I did not notice the "edible cookie dough" notation. 

One star rating. "If you love butter topped with tablespoons of sugar, go for it. Did not taste like cinnamon Vanilla flavored glazed topping did not taste like vanilla." I feel bad, later when I ate another butter bite, I tasted the cinnamon. But still butter and sugar overpowered it. Donation to Giant food collection next trip there, goes the 2nd box.

You can see why I am still sitting in front of internet; I start typing and I never stop. Tomorrow. Always tomorrow. 

I also heated up leftover lentil soup for lunch. Made a quick chicken salad with left over chicken. To make matters worse I read some Google news articles. I found a Media Fact Check site that lead me to read more articles, then go to the site's Facebook page to load it, read several more articles. Shared two Memory Halloween photos. Added book I Am Malaya to Goodreads. Person's Halloween costume reminded me. Then I had to search for my Slash costume to post. Took some time to find it.

I was going to stop preaching on my Facebook Timeline, but I had to Like Dangerous Meme on Facebook, scrolled them, then searched and found article explaining why one should not copy/paste, blah, blah. 

I used to say I am easily distracted from my goals. How true. I had to log back on to Yahoo because I could not resist replying to some comments. On and on and I am shutting up.

No comments: